London’s Air Ambulance was founded in 1989 and to date has treated over 40,000 critically injured people and attended most major incidents in London including 7/7, the Grenfell Tower fire and London Bridge terror incident.
Did you know?
- The helicopter can fly anywhere in London (inside the M25) within 11 minutes
- The average time between 999 call and treatment on the scene is 15 minutes
- On average 5 seriously injured patients are treated every day
- It costs £9million per year to provide London with our advanced trauma service
- Our helicopter and rapid response car teams are here 24/7 for every one of the 10 million people who live and work in London
- We are a charity that works alongside the NHS. Our life-saving service is made possible by supporters of London’s Air Ambulance Charity